August 4, 2020
St. John Marie Vianney
As our Covid restrictions continue, let me sum up the situation with regard to the Parish’s schedule and activities.
As of this writing, the 25% limit on occupancy continues. We are obliged to maintain the physical blocking of most of the pews by this regulation. The wearing of a mask or face covering for those in the pews continues as well. Please observe “social distancing” if not in a family group.
- Confessions are now being heard again according to our usual schedule.
- Baptisms may be scheduled online or by calling the Parish Office extension 126.
- Please see the online bulletin for the schedule.
- Funeral Masses may be offered as usual.
- The 12:30 pm Mass on the last Sunday of the month will be offered in the Extraordinary Form ( Traditional Latin Mass.)
- The Parish Center remains closed except for Mass Cards on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9 am to 12 noon.
- Onsite Religious Education will resume on a limited basis beginning in November. The Religious Education Office is open and will be sending letters out with the details.
- Parish organizations will continue to meet on a limited basis observing the current public health mandates as needed.
As you can see, while things have improved, we are not “out of the woods” by any means. Indeed, I suspect that a “new normal” will continue for a long time to come.
The Bishop’s dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays remains in effect.
As well, as the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary falls on a Saturday this year, prior legislation lifted the obligation anyway.
There will be no extra Masses on that day, but the 4PM Mass that afternoon will celebrate the Feast liturgically. Continue reading “Letter from the Pastor, August 4, 2020”